Whithin DYNAVERSITY we are organizing a summer school on
Participatory Plant Breeding & Resilient Seed Systems
Sunday 16 – Friday 21 August 2020
Sunday afternoon (before dinner) the course starts off with an introduction lecture by Salvatore Ceccarelli (Rete Semi Rurali, Italy).
After dinner there will be a poster carousel in which participants present themselves, their research and interest in the course (5 – 10 minutes) after which there is 5-10 minutes for discussion.
From Monday – Thursday, each morning starts with 3 – 4 lectures (30 – 45 minutes each), followed by a 30-minute discussion convened by 2 – 3 participants:
Monday 17 August – Technical Breeding aspects
- Veronique Chable (INRA – Rennes, Dynaversity)
- Monica Messmer (FiBL-CH, Liveseed)
- Baloua Nebie (ICRISAT – Burkino Faso/Mali)
Tuesday 18 August – Involving actors of the value chain
- Martha Willcox (Cimmyt – Mexico, GAFF)
- Jane Rabinowics (USC – Canada, GAFF) To be confirmed
- Margret McEwan (OFSP – Africa, RTB)
Wednesday 19 August – Creating innovative seed systems
- Conny Almekinders (WUR, RTB Africa)
- Edith Lammerts van Bueren (WUR)
- Eva Weltzien (University of Wisconsin)
Thursday 20 August – Policy options
- Bert Visser (Oxfam Novib)
- Margaret McEwan (OFSP – Africa, RTB)
- Marja Thijssen/Abishkar Subedi (WUR, ISSD Africa) To be confirmed
- Riccardo Bocci (RSR, Dynaversity)
In the afternoons, participants will work in small groups on a project proposal related to PPB supporting a seed system intervention perspective, and do literature research.
On Wednesday afternoon a field exersion will be organised.
Signup our ECLLD Newsletter!
We are very pleased with your interest in our challenges. The ECLLD - News! informs about events, ongoing projects and insights on our and members activities at EU level.