European Coordination Let’s Liberate Diversity!
European Coordination Let’s Liberate Diversity! (EC-LLD) is an international, non-profit, Belgium-based organisation created in 2012 with the main challenge to encourage, develop and promote the dynamic management of cultivated biodiversity on farms and gardens. The 12 Members (from 10 countries) share the same concern that our food systems are too uniform, and promoting biodiversity is the key for achieving food sovereignty.
Our history, our goals
Our goal is to bring back diversity in our food systems in a socially and economically sustainable way through the whole food chain. The diversification can be achieved linking the work of different actors involved, supporting and promoting their knowledge and actions associated to cultivated biodiversity. To achieved this Vision, in many years of activity, EC-LLD has found that it is essential to have a platform that promotes the exchange and sharing of experiences/viewpoints/policies, in order to foster local actions and activities. The proposed methodology is a horizontal approach to training and knowledge sharing. In this way there is a horizontal exchange between the different actors who bring their knowledge and share it, going beyond the top-down approach.
The main objectives of EC-LLD
- Promotion and development of farmers’ seeds on organic and biodynamic farms.
- Exchange and dissemination of knowledge and skills associated with farmers’ seed, its use and promotion.
- Promotion of a legislative framework favourable to the rights of farmers, hobbyists and small seed companies on agricultural biodiversity.
- Experimentation and research.
EC-LLD has developed two kinds of meetings to achieve its objectives
// What’s a LLD meeting?
targeted to general public and citizens: promoting exchange across countries and raising awareness. Usually organized in a city.
2005 LLD 1 – Poitiers, France 2011 LLD 6 – Szeged, Hungary
2006 LLD 2 – Bullas, Spain 2012 LLD 7 – Strathpeffer, Scotland
2007 LLD 3 – Halle, Germany 2013 LLD 8 – Basel, Switzerland
2008 LLD 4 – Ascoli, Italy 2014 LLD 9 – London, UK
2010 LLD 5 – Graz, Austria 2019 LLD 10 – Méze, France
// What’s a LCD meeting?
targeted to farmers, processors and practitioners with the aim of sharing their knowledge around crops and processing. Usually organized in a farm.
2009 LCD 1 – Berthellot Farm, France 2017 LCD 3 – Hayon Farm, Belgium
2013 LCD 2 – Floriddia Farm, Italy 2019 LCD 4 – Kalo School, Denmark
The members of EC-LLD are the following organizations:
- the Scottish Crofting Federation (Scotland)
- Pro Specie Rara (Switzerland)
- Réseau Semences Paysannes (France)
- BEDE (France)
- Red de Semillas “ Resembrando e Intercambiando” (Spain)
- Centro Internazionale Crocevia – CIC (Italy)
- Rete Semi Rurali (Italy)
- Dachverband Kulturpflanzen- und Nutztiervielfalt e. V. Dachverband (Germany)
- SEED (Luxembourg)
- Aegilops (Greece)
- RMRM – Réseau Meuse-Rhin-Moselle (Belgium)
- Irish Seed Savers Association (Ireland)
Membership is open to any organization that shares the values and objectives of the Coordination.
Vision and Mission
You can download the official statute in English or French.