The EU project Liveseeding is researching which obstacles are in the way of the horizontal proliferation (scale-out) and scale-up of organic seed and cultivar testing in the EU. The objective of this exercise is to develop business models and plans for SMEs to boost the horizontal proliferation, scaling-up and profitability of the organic seed and breeding sector.
In order to obtain the best possible understanding of the realities in the field, the project is looking for input from:
- organic seed producers and traders: farmers and small, medium and large-scale companies that produce/trade seeds
- conventional seed producers and traders that plan to produce/trade organic seeds in the future: farmers and small, medium and large-scale companies that produce/trade seeds
The main aims of the survey are to find out which technical, economic and regulatory challenges organic seed producers face and to analyse any market opportunities that new organic trends may be offering for the next few years.
The survey consists of 50 questions, takes approximately 15 minutes to complete and is available in English plus a number of national languages:
- English version: https://ips-konzalting.surveysparrow.com/s/Survey-on-the-European-organic-seed-and-breeding-sector/tt-bMBkcWgkkFhogC26cYb3Ch
- French version: https://ips-konzalting.surveysparrow.com/s/Enqute-sur-le-secteur-europen-des-semences-et-de-la-slection-biologiques/tt-6qEEeixJE4R1Yc4ZsZwwmA
- Croatia: https://ips-konzalting.surveysparrow.com/s/Upitnik-o-Europskom-ekolokom-sjemenu-i-sektoru-uzgoja/tt-mL4jc9wD8aLWDxtK7kjJZ2
- Italy: https://ips-konzalting.surveysparrow.com/s/Sondaggio-sul-settore-delle-sementi-e-del-miglioramento-genetico-per-il-biologico-in-Europa/tt-uBYPFqkCiY5n62ayr1rEpP
- Slovenia: https://ips-konzalting.surveysparrow.com/s/Anketa-o-evropskem-sektorju-ekolokega-semenarstva-in-lahtnjenja/tt-qLEqm7BzyjdQXZx7SzvGYD
- Switzerland: https://ips-konzalting.surveysparrow.com/s/Umfrage-zum-europischen-biologischen-Saatgut–und-Pflanzenzchtungssektor/tt-8cWVhc9DH4moMb6JCF1cBE
Deadline: 31st May 2023