The SCF is the only member-led organisation dedicated to promoting crofting and it is the largest association of small scale food producers in the UK.
Our mission is to safeguard and promote the rights, livelihoods and culture of crofters and their communities.
- work to develop, promote and encourage crofting.
- represent and safeguard the interests of crofters, their families and communities, their cultural heritage and their legislative rights.
- promote the environmental, social and cultural benefits of crofting activity and land use as intrinsic aspects of rural development.
- raise awareness of crofting through information and education.
- promote diversity of people, enterprise, skills and expertise.
Established and run by crofters themselves, the SCF actively engages with agencies and government officials at local, national and international levels to influence policy on rural, agricultural, social, environmental and other issues.