European Coordination Let's Liberate Diversity!
The European Coordination for Let's Liberate Diversity! (EC-LLD) is an international non-profit organization created in 2012 with the objective to coordinate the positions and actions of national networks and other members to encourage, develop and promote the dynamic management of biodiversity on farm and in gardens.
EC-LLD draws its origins and inspiration from the annual gatherings of the European movement on agricultural biodiversity known as the Let's Liberate Diversity! Forums. The first edition of the forum took place in 2005 in Poitiers, France. Since then the LLD forums have become a tradition and they are organized each year in a different European country. The second forum was hosted by Spain (2006), followed by subsequent editions in Germany (2007), Italy (2008), Austria (2010), Hungary (2011), Scotland (2012) and Switzerland (2013). A workshop was organized in 2014 at London during the Seed festival.
The main focuses of EC-LLD are:
- The promotion and development of farmers' seeds on farms and gardens:
- The exchange and dissemination of knowledge and expertise associated with farmers' seeds, their use, and promotion;
- The collection, translation, and dissemination of existing information;
- Training and stocktaking;
- Experimentation and research;
- The advocacy of a legislative framework favorable to farmers' rights as well as gardeners' and small seed companies' rights over agricultural biodiversity.
The members of EC-LLD are the following organizations:
- the Scottish Crofting Federation (Scotland)
- Pro Specie Rara (Switzerland)
- Réseau Semences Paysannes (France)
- BEDE (France)
- Red de Semillas “ Resembrando e Intercambiando” (Spain)
- Centro Internazionale Crocevia - CIC (Italy)
- Rete Semi Rurali (Italy)
- Dachverband Kulturpflanzen- und Nutztiervielfalt e. V. Dachverband (Germany)
- SEED (Luxembourg)
- Aegilops (Greece)
- RMRM - Réseau Meuse-Rhin-Moselle (Belgium)
- Irish Seed Savers Association (Ireland)
Membership is open to any organization that shares the values and objectives of the Coordination.
You can download the official statute in English or French.