Online Seed Policy Workshop: The upcoming reform of the EU seed marketing legislation
Online Seed Policy Workshop (Zoom): Upcoming reform of the EU seed marketing legislation
January 29th – 30th 2021
We would like to invite you to a workshop on the upcoming reform of the EU seed marketing legislation, organised by ARCHE NOAH with the kind support of the Software AG Stiftung.
The workshop aims to bring together a wide range of actors active in the seed diversity community (seed savers, farmers, breeders, researchers, activists) to create a platform where we can:
· discuss the upcoming reform of the EU seed marketing legislation, including the latest updates from Brussels;
· better understand the national contexts in which we are operating and the challenges we face;
· work towards a common vision statement on seed diversity – e.g. on the environmental, socio-cultural and economic aspects of conservation and dynamic management, and the role of seed laws in this framework – to communicate to the European Commission before it publishes its options for the reform of the EU seed marketing legislation.
An overview of the programme can be found in the attachment. There is the offer of a separate evening session on the European seed laws in the week before the workshop for those who wish to refresh and/or deepen their understanding of the seed marketing laws before the workshop (this will also be recorded for those not able to join live).
A few important points:
· We have tried to include plenty of breaks and limit the length of sessions to take account of the fact that online meetings can be very tiring, but it is still a dense programme. Please only register for the workshop if you will be able to attend both days!
· Getting to know each other personally is of course one of the main highlights and benefits of the in-person workshops, as we hosted in Wolkersdorf in past years. We have therefore included plenty of time for interaction in plenary and in break-out groups in the online workshop. This workshop, especially the first day, will also have a much stronger focus on collaborative discussion and development than previous workshops. Please only register if you are able to join with a laptop with a camera to enable full participation! We will host a short trouble-shooting session prior to the workshop for those who are not familiar with Zoom.
· Owing to the challenges of online meetings, we have to decided to limit participation and would ask for a maximum of two participants per organisation. You will receive an email confirming your registration. We will contact registered participants before the workshop with the request to provide some short information on you organisation, etc. for other participants.
If you would like to attend, please register using the following links by January 18th at the latest:
· Workshop (January 29th – 30th) – single registration for both days
· Crash Course EU Seed Marketing Laws (18th January, 17:00 – 19:00 CET) – optional
We look forward to seeing and talking to many of you at the end of January! If you have any questions, please don’t hestitate to get in touch.